Here’s how to fix frizz once and for all:1. Only wash your hair two or three times a week – max! Why? Your scalp produces natural oils to hydrate your hair, which you remove with washing. It’s also important to avoidhot water, as this will only dry your hair further.
2. When washing, always apply a conditioner and use a hydrating mask at least once a month. If you have particularly unruly hair, you can even use one weekly.
3. Don’t towel-dry wet hair, as the rubbing motion causes friction – and friction, is frizz’s best friend. Instead, use a microfibre or cotton fabric (like a t-shirt) to absorb the wetness and get rid of humidity. Skip the hair dryer altogether.
4. Brushing you hair is ok, but don’t overdo it. You may have heard that combing wet hair can cause damage, but it’s quite the opposite when you have frizz issues. Use a wide-tooth comb and rake through wet hair to lock in humidity.
5. If you have curly or wavy hair use a wide bristle hairbrush. If it’s straight, use a large barrel brush, with bristles made from natural fibres.
6. Get rid of split ends by booking a hair appointment every few months!
7. And finally invest in a specialised serum and hair oil – you’ll need them! We suggest the Eleo brandwhich is enriched with Argan and Rose oil. Apply from the middle to the tips, as this is your hairs most porous area and where your hair is likely to break and build up static.